Thursday, May 16, 2013

Post Workout Snacks!

This week at work, I included a post-workout snack in the menu since my client regularly hits the gym. Well, really, I've been to the gym with her- she kicks MAJOR butt in the gym. Box squats with 20 pound weights, holding planks for 90 seconds at a time... Whew. That being said, she definitely needs to recharge with some protein after a gym session.


Behold! The post-workout pudding parfait!

I made this delicious treat with the following ingredients.

For the "chocolate" layer:
-1 avocado
-1 T coconut sugar
-2 T pure ground cacao powder

Mash the avocado with the sugar and cacao for, like, six minutes straight until it has a pudding like texture.

For the "vanilla" layer:
-1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
-1 t vanilla extract
-1 T truvia powder

Stir all of that together until it's creamy.



I layered chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon Kashi Heart to Heart cereal, and then repeated this until I was out of ingredients. I suggested she eat half the first day within 30-90 minutes after working out with a piece of wheat toast, and eat the rest another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment