Thursday, April 11, 2013

Apple Cider Vinegar

Every afternoon, I make myself drink a glass of 16 oz water with 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar mixed in. On my first day doing this, I felt pleasantly full afterwards and didn’t mind the taste… Because I’d only used 2 teaspoons of ACV. The past two days I've used two tablespoons, and it's been difficult to get through. I have mixed it with a tiny bit of iced tea or lemonade. It doesn't help much.

Why did I decide to add this to my daily routine? Tosca Reno, founder of all things Eat Clean, says to. She posted on her blog saying that she’s digesting better and seeing tighter abs because she drinks ACV every day. So I figured, why not try it?

Here are the benefits

  • Helps prevent brittle teeth, runny noses, and hair loss
  • Rich in potassium
  • Clears up skin
  • Slows down the digestion of starches
  • Helps the body maintain proper pH levels (which is important if you drink coffee, like I do)
  • Removes toxins from the body
  • Breaks down fats for weight loss
  • Helps you feel full and digest better
  • May kill or slow cancer cell growth (in studies done with rats)
 Just pick the reason that’s important to you, and repeat it to yourself over and over while you drink the mix. That’s what I do! I usually say the runny nose one, since I am a college student and feel like I’m perpetually a little sick. I hope this actually works. Have you heard of anyone having success with this drink? I am about to drink my afternoon glass now. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment