Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Birthday Cake Pancakes


Yesterday evening, I got really inspired after an afternoon nap. I pulled out my binder full of recipes (I usually hand copy healthy recipes I find online and hole-punch them in) and decided to try some new things. I made smashed sweet potatoes, tri-tip sirloin roast in the crock pot, and three kinds of vegetables.

But my biggest success was a stack of clean Birthday Cake protein pancakes!

I found the recipe on one of my favorite girls to follow on instagram's page- @jazzythings. She's a figure competitor (female bodybuilding) and posts really creative, all clean recipes that she's experimenting with.

Don't they just look amazing, though?!

In a blender, combine 1/2 c raw oats
1 egg white
1 egg
1 scoop Birthday Cake flavored whey protein (this is my main protein powder anyway. It's the About Time brand, and it is delicious in Greek yogurt or protein shakes)
1 t almond extract
1 t baking powder
1 T almond coconut milk

Blend well. It was a very thick batter, and I spooned it onto my griddle and cooked like normal pancakes. The frosting is vanilla greek yogurt mixed with a little almond milk and vanilla extract. I also added these birthday-ish sprinkles that are okay to eat from Central Market.

I'm going to make them again tomorrow for my mom's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment