Monday, April 15, 2013

Clean Eggy Pie

A few months ago, my mom taught me how to make this amazing egg soufflĂ©. She fried rounds of potatoes to put on the bottom of the pan, and cooked four kinds of vegetables. She whisked like 6 eggs and pulled out a bag of shredded cheese (an Italian blend) and poured it all into the pan. It’s great reheated through the week, with a little bit of ketchup.

I’ve made it a couple times since, but Scott and I prefer to not eat fried things. So this time, I decided to make an absolutely clean version. 

-I whisked three eggs and two egg whites in a bowl and set it to the side.

- I steamed broccoli, zucchini, and peas. 

-At the last second, I threw a ton of spinach in the pan and let it wilt down to nothing. 

-I greased my favorite glass pie pan, and poured all of the ingredients in.

-I added a little chili powder and paprika to the top, since capsicum (in chili powder) is good for the metabolism & paprika is just delicious. 

I baked it for 30 minutes at 325.

 Then I broiled it for 5 minutes on the top rack. Scott ate two slices of this with whole wheat toast and ketchup. Perfect easy meal! Brain food.

No comments:

Post a Comment